Acceptance of Policy:
This policy is valid, binding and enforceable against all persons who access this website or any part thereof. Please read this policy carefully as by using this website you will be taken to have agreed to be bound by it. If you do not agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, you must leave the ExchangeRate-API.com website immediately as further use will automatically bind you to this policy, notwithstanding any disagreements by you to the terms of this policy.
Types of information collected:
When you register on the ExchangeRate-API.com website we need to collect certain information about you in order to provide you with the services you have requested. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Business or Home Address
- Employer/ Affiliated Organisation
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Reason for Accessing Site
- Details of any Advertising/Affiliate Channel that may have referred your bussiness
- Intended Usage of Information Requested
- Voluntary guest reviews of accommodation establishments
- The personal information detailed above will be collected either electronically by using cookies (as more fully described below) or provided voluntarily by you.
ExchangeRate-API.com will require your e-mail address in order to make a reservation for accommodation. Your e-mail address is used only to send you correspondence directly related to your activity on the ExchangeRate-API.com website including, but not limited to, confirmations of your reservations, pending enquiries, requests for customer reviews or changes to wiki-pages. In addition, you may choose to sign up to receive site notifications or newsletters by email. ExchangeRate-API.com only sends e-mails to users who have elected to receive these notifications, promotions or special offers via e-mail. Any notification or promotional e-mail will include directions for removing yourself from the list, or a URL where you can find such directions.
Dispersal of Information to third parties:
- In addition to the policies and procedures we employ to safeguard your data, your personal data is protected by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002.
- Subject to the remaining provisions of this policy, ExchangeRate-API.com will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena or applicable law or regulation.
- ExchangeRate-API.com does not lease, sell, rent or disperse any information supplied by you to any third parties, except in the following circumstances:
In order to provide a better service for our customers we do reserve the right to:
- Track your movements though this website, analyze your movements on this website through the use of 3rd party tools including but not limited to "Google Analytics", and collaborate with 3rd party tracking services including but not limited to "Google Adwords". Any collaboration with a 3rd party is done in good faith that your privacy will be adequately protected.
- Collect IP information: When you enter the ExchangeRate-API.com website, we collect your IP address. This address identifies your Internet Service Provider, but does not identify you as an individual. We may also collect your domain name address, the type of web-browsing software that you use, the type of operating system that you use and the URL of the webpage from which you came to visit this website. This information is used by ExchangeRate-API.com to improve or maintain the user’s experience on this website, and for general statistical purposes. ExchangeRate-API.com owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by ExchangeRate-API.com.
Data Access, accuracy & amendments:
- ExchangeRate-API.com shall use reasonable endeavours to keep all your personal information accurate. You will always be provided access to this information, and have the opportunity to have inaccuracies corrected. We shall ensure that all inaccurate or incomplete information is corrected as soon as possible.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to verify your identity before granting you access to your information. If you would like your personal information to be deleted from our records, we shall ensure, on notification by you, that this is done as soon as reasonably possible.
ExchangeRate-API.com shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. In the unlikely event that the security of your personal information in our possession becomes compromised, we shall notify you thereof as soon as reasonably possible under the circumstances.
Changes in this policy:
- email: email@example.com